Contribution Options for Giving to Southern Hills Baptist Church
HOW TO GIVE…
- Online giving allows your weekly or monthly contributions to be transferred electronically from your checking/savings account via your debit card or from your credit card account.
- Automatic draft from your checking account once a month.
Download the form
- Sunday mornings in our Worship Service or LifeGroups
- Via Mail to: SHBC, 2218 E 56th Place, Tulsa, OK 74105
- To receive personalized monthly giving envelopes mailed to your home, phone 918.743.8897
- For donations of stocks/bonds/property, etc please contact Al Brown below.
Contact Al Brown, SHBC Business Administrator with any questions regarding giving. 918.743.8897
A word from Pastor Hess on giving:
WHY WE GIVE…
Just as you excel in everything else—in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in complete earnestness… see that you also excel in this grace of giving. (2 Corinthians 8:7 NIV)
Why does God want you to excel in the grace of giving? It’s because he influences the world through his people. The Bible tells us that everything we have is a gift from God. God gives all of us the great privilege of partnering with Him in what He wants to do in the world. SHBC is committed to reaching and making disciples of those who are far from God, and unleashing unprecedented levels of compassion into a broken world as we demonstrate our love for God and people.
WHAT WE ARE TO GIVE…
The Bible says God’s people are to give tithes and offerings. What is a tithe and how is it different from an offering? The word, “tithe” literally means tenth or 10%. A tithe is the first 10% of your income. An offering is anything you give above and beyond the 10%.
The Bible says, The purpose of tithing is to teach you always to put God first in your lives. (Deuteronomy 14:23 TLB) Tithing is a reminder that God is the owner and supplier of everything we have. It is also God’s personal invitation to an outpouring of his blessing in your life. In Malachi 3:10 (NLT), God says this: “Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the LORD Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.” This is the only place in Scripture where God tells us to put him to the test. In other words, he’s saying, “Go ahead. I dare you. See if you can out-give me.”
So go ahead. Accept God’s invitation to put him to the test. Start tithing faithfully and watch what he does in and through your life!